Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
In this chapter
(1) "authority" means the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority;
(2) "board" or "board of directors" means the board of directors of the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority;
(3) repealed 1/11/88;
(4) "code" means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended;
(5) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(6) "executive director" means the executive director of the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority;
(7) repealed 11/1/99;
(8) repealed 1/11/88;
(9) repealed 1/11/88;
(11) "guarantee authorization" means the document which authorizes the issuance of a loan guarantee by the authority to a financial institution on behalf of a borrower;
(12) "liquidation" means the exercise of all remedies commercially reasonable, in the opinion of the authority, to collect all amounts available to pay the debt;
(13) "liquidation expenses" means, for purposes of 3 AAC 99.700 - 3 AAC 99.785, normal costs of the foreclosure action, including legal fees, title fees, and advertising costs, the costs and expenses of maintaining the collateral, and costs of sale;
(15) "loan guarantee agreement" means the document that sets out terms and conditions governing the guarantee of a loan;
(16) "mortgage" means a mortgage deed, deed of trust, or other security instrument;
(17) "originator" means the Commercial Fishing and Agricultural Bank, and a commercial bank, savings and loan association, mutual savings bank, credit union, or other financial institution that
(A) is either insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or the National Credit Union Association, or regulated by the Office of Thrift Supervision, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, The Federal Reserve, or state banking regulators under AS 6 or substantially similar banking regulations or statutes of another state;
(B) is approved by the authority;
(C) has entered into an agreement with the authority to act as a seller and servicer of loans under the loan participation program;
(19) "project," for purposes of 3 AAC 99.700 - 3 AAC 99.785, has the meaning provided in AS 44.88.900 (9) and, with respect to a loan made to provide working capital to a business; means that business;
(20) "public offering" means a sale or proposed sale of bonds to a purchaser who intends to re-sell the bonds to members of the general public;
(21) "region" means one of the regions set out in 3 AAC 99.710(d) ;
(22) "related persons" means persons who are considered to be related for purposes of sections 144 - 150 of the code;
(23) "retained" means the holding of a note evidencing indebtedness, together with the right to receive payments under the note;
(24) repealed 2/8/2001;
(25) "state resident" means an individual who has resided in the state for a minimum of 30 days and who intends to make the state a permanent place of abode; the determination of intent will include consideration of the individual's mailing address, where the individual owns property, where the individual's vehicles are registered, and location of the individual's immediate family;
(26) repealed 2/11/99;
(28) "total available guarantee dollars" means the maximum dollar amount of guarantees the authority will issue, which is the amount shown in 3 AAC 99.710(d) ;
(29) "real property loan" means a loan described in 3 AAC 99.230(a) .
(31) "loan portfolio of the authority" means all loans, loan participations, and loan guarantees approved and pending closing, owned or issued by the authority under the tax-exempt loan participation program (3 AAC 99.200 - 3 AAC 99.290) , the taxable loan participation program (3 AAC 99.300 - 3 AAC 99.390) , or the business and export assistance program (3 AAC 99.700 - 3 AAC 99.785) , and all other loans appropriated to or purchased by the authority.
History: In effect before 1988; am 1/11/88, Register 106; am 8/1/88, Register 107; am 1/12/89, Register 109; am 11/30/90, Register 118; am 9/25/92, Register 124; am 12/2/94, Register 134; am 2/11/99, Register 150; am 11/1/99, Register 153; am 2/8/2001, Register 158; am 10/12/2004, Register 173
Authority: AS 44.88.080
Editor's note: As of Register 171 (October 2004), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS\n 44.62.125(b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Community and Economic Development to the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development made by ch. 47, SLA 2004 and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of community and economic development.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006