Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
The duties of a silver hand agent include
(1) providing information to the public on the silver hand program, such as application and eligibility requirements for permits, availability of silver hand seals, and similar activities;
(2) distributing application forms and instructions for a permit to use silver hand seals;
(3) determining the eligibility of applicants for a permit to use the silver hand seal in accordance with AS 45.65.010 - 45.65.070 and 3 AAC 58.020(c) by approving or disapproving applications, or by certifying the eligibility of a Native craftsperson;
(4) submitting on a quarterly basis on or before January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1, of each year
(A) a copy of each application and the action taken on the application during the period; and
(B) information requested by the department about each Native craftsperson that the agent certified as eligible to use silver hand seal during that period; the agent shall supply the information on a form approved by the department;
(5) distributing seals to the permit holder in accordance with 3 AAC 58.025(f) or personally affixing the seal on eligible handicrafts;
(6) assisting the commissioner in the renewal process for silver hand permits as specified in 3 AAC 58.020(d) ;
(7) assisting the department in marketing, promoting, and advertising the silver hand program to the general public;
(8) submitting other information and reports as required by the commissioner; and
(9) reporting any alleged violations of AS 45.65.010 - 45.65.070 and this chapter to the commissioner.
History: Eff. 10/1/93, Register 127
Authority: AS 44.33.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006