Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A utility shall maintain with the commission
(1) the location and telephone number of each of its business offices, an emergency telephone number contact, and the normal hours of operation of each office; and
(2) a plan for notifying customers of a scheduled outage that is appropriate to the utility's available personnel levels and geographic location, and that includes media notification, if applicable.
(b) A utility shall submit information to the commission regarding service outages as follows:
(1) for an outage that is an immediate threat to the health or safety of customers within the utility's service territory, the commission must be notified immediately by the most expedient means available;
(2) for an interruption of service, from whatever cause, which affects five percent or more of a utility's total customers or affects a discrete community of customers, and persists for three hours or more, the written report must include a description of the cause and extent of the outage, and must be filed within five working days after service is restored; and
(3) a cumulative 12-month report of its service outages must be filed as a part of the utility's annual report to the commission under AS 42.05.451 .
History: Eff. 1/1/87, Register 100
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006