Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) In a general proceeding the commission may, after notice and affording interested parties an opportunity to be heard, enter a general order prescribing the information and supporting exhibits that shall be included in applications for
(1) an original certificate of public convenience and necessity;
(2) the revision of an outstanding certificate with respect to
(A) the delineation of service areas;
(B) the nature and extent of the authority granted;
(C) the scope of operations or services authorized;
(D) any authority that may be needed in connection with
(i) the elimination of competition and any undesirable duplication or paralleling of facilities;
(ii) the exchange of customers or facilities with another utility in connection with a contract, arrangement, or plan to eliminate the overlapping of service areas; or
(E) any other matter.
(3) the sale, lease, rental, inheritance, assignment, receivership, or disposition of a certificate, or the controlling interest in a certificated public utility or pipeline carrier, by any means, under AS 42.05.281 or AS 42.06.305 ;
(4) the purchase, lease, rental, inheritance, assignment, receivership, or acquisition of a certificate, or the controlling interest in a certificated public utility or pipeline carrier, by any means, under AS 42.05.281 or AS 42.06.305 ;
(6) the apportionment of joint rates under AS 42.05.401 ;
(7) the privilege of keeping books and records pertaining to a utility's intrastate operations any place other than within Alaska;
(9) any other matter.
(b) By general order issued in a general proceeding the commission may also prescribe
(1) detailed instructions for guidance in the preparation of applications;
(2) appropriate application forms and the conditions under which they may or shall be used and those under which they may not be used.
History: Eff. 1/13/73, Register 44; am 6/29/84, Register 90
Authority: AS 42.05.141
AS 42.06.140 (a)
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006