Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) does not take effect without the prior approval of the commission; and
(2) is, at all times, subject to revisions by the commission.
(b) The parties to every special contract shall be given notice and an opportunity to be heard as a condition precedent to revising a special contract.
(c) A special contract shall not be used as a device or method to give the vendee an unreasonable preference or advantage or subject the vendee to an unreasonable prejudice or disadvantage as determined by analyzing the provisions of the contract in relation to the terms and conditions under which the utility offers a comparable service under comparable conditions to the general public.
(d) The commission will, in its discretion, authorize a utility to offer untariffed services or equipment to customers by special contract under the following conditions:
(2) the commission has suspended the operation of the tariff pending final approval;
(3) the commission has specified the rate or rates to be charged the customer in the special contract;
(4) the rate or rates specified will be retroactively reviewable and revisable, upward or downward, from the effective date of the special contract, and the customer's liability will be to pay the rate or rates finally approved for the tariff filing plus or minus accrued interest if the rates finally approved are different from the rate initially approved for use in the special contract; and
(5) the special contract expressly advises the customer of his potential retroactive liability for increased rates, plus accrued interest.
(e) Upon the commission's final approval of the tariff filed under (d)(1) of this section, including any adjustment of the rate authorized for use in the special contract, the special contract lapses and service must continue under the terms and conditions set out in the utility's tariff.
History: Eff. 11/16/73, Register 48; am 1/19/80, Register 73; am 6/29/84, Register 90
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006