Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) When a utility or pipeline carrier includes in its advice letter a request for authorization for a tariff filing to take effect before the end of the statutory notice period, the burden of showing good cause for waiving statutory notice must be borne by the filing utility or pipeline carrier.
(b) In response to each request under (a) of this section, the commission will, in its discretion
(1) deny the request and require at least the statutory notice period to expire before allowing the filing to take effect;
(2) grant the request as of the effective date specified;
(3) allow the filing to take effect before the end of the statutory notice period but later than the date specified in the request; and
(c) The commission, on its own motion or for good cause shown, will, in its discretion, waive statutory notice and specify an effective date sooner than the end of the statutory notice period for tariff filings, including
(1) tariffs of new utilities or pipeline carriers and of utilities or pipeline carriers brought under regulation by operation of law;
(2) tariffs covering services, facilities, or commodities not previously furnished;
(3) tariffs that take effect by means of adoption notices; and
(4) tariffs filed to comply with orders of the commission.
History: Eff. 11/16/73, Register 48; am 6/29/84, Register 90
Authority: AS 42.05.141
AS 42.06.140 (a)
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006