Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A health care insurer that offers, issues for delivery, delivers, or renews a health care insurance plan that provides coverage for prescription drugs or devices and that issues, uses, requires, or reissues a card for prescription claims processing shall issue to a covered individual, subscriber, or primary insured a card that contains the following information:
(1) the name or logo of the health care insurer;
(2) the covered individual's, subscriber's, or primary insured's name and identification number;
(3) a toll-free telephone number for obtaining assistance with a claim;
(4) electronic transaction routing information necessary for electronic claim processing, if the health care insurer processes claims electronically;
(5) any other information that is necessary for processing a prescription drug claim.
(b) If a health care insurer's existing or newly issued card for health care insurance coverage contains the information required under (a) of this section, the health care insurer is not required to issue a separate card or a new card for prescription drug coverage.
(c) In this section, "card" includes any other technology that performs the same function as a printed card.
History: Eff. 9/15/2004, Register 171
Authority: AS 21.06.085
Note to HTML Version:
Last modified 7/05/2006