Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a licensee may not disclose directly or through an affiliate a policy number or similar form of access number or access code for a consumer's policy or transaction account to a nonaffiliated third party for use in marketing by telephone or facsimile transmission, direct mail marketing, or electronic mail marketing to a consumer.
(b) A licensee may disclose a policy number or similar form of access number or access code for a consumer's policy or transaction account to a
(1) consumer-reporting agency;
(2) licensee's service provider for the sole purpose of marketing the licensee's own products or services only if the service provider is not authorized to directly initiate charges to the account;
(3) licensee who is an insurance producer for the sole purpose of marketing the licensee's own products or services; or
(4) participant in an affinity program or similar program if the participants in the program are identified to the customer at the time the customer enters into the program.
(c) For purposes of this section, a policy number or similar form of access number or access code for a consumer's policy or transaction account does not include a number or code that is in an encrypted form, unless the licensee provides the recipient with a means to decode the number or code.
(d) In this section, "consumer's policy or transaction account"
(1) means an account other than a deposit account or a credit card account; and
(2) does not include an account to which a third party cannot initiate charges.
History: Eff. 1/1/2005, Register 172
Authority: AS 21.06.090
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006