Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "candidate" means a candidate for
(A) state elective office; and
(B) elective municipal office;
(2) "child" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a);
(3) "commission" means the Alaska Public Offices Commission created under AS 15.13.020 (a);
(4) "executive branch public official" means a public official within the definition given in AS 39.50.200 (a), except for a judicial officer or a municipal officer;
(5) "filer" means a public official as defined in AS 39.50.200 (a);
(A) means a payment or item to the extent that consideration of equal or greater value is not received;
(i) forgiveness of a loan, payment of a loan by a third party, or an enforceable promise to make a payment except when full and adequate consideration is received;
(ii) the provision of accommodations;
(iii) the provision of a ticket for travel or for an entertainment event;
(iv) the provision of food or beverages other than food or beverages for immediate consumption;
(v) the granting of a discount or rebate not extended to the public generally for a good or service; and
(vi) the provision or loan of goods or services for personal or professional use, including office expenses connected with holding public office, unless made in exchange for consideration of equal or greater value; and
(C) does not include
(i) a political contribution;
(ii) a commercially reasonable loan made in the ordinary course of business in exchange for consideration of equal or greater value; or
(iii) an inheritance;
(7) "judicial officer" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a), but does not include a judicial officer who holds a judicial office for less than 30 days;
(8) "municipal officer" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a);
(9) "source of income" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a);
(10) repealed 2/20/2005;
(11) "statement" means a statement or report of income sources and business interests required under AS 39.50;
(12) "family member" means a spouse, domestic partner, or dependent child;
(13) "public official" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a).
(14) "domestic partner" has the meaning given in AS 39.50.200 (a).
History: Eff. 9/9/78, Register 67; am 7/20/95, Register 135; am 1/1/2001, Register 156; am 2/20/2005, Register 173
Authority: AS 15.13.030
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006