- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 80. Persons With Disabilities
- Section 140. Licensing and Certificates of Need.
previous: Section 130
. Powers and Duties of the Department.
next: Section 150
. Liability For Expense of Services.
AS 47.80.140. Licensing and Certificates of Need.
- (a) A person may not establish or operate a residential facility until the facility has been
licensed under AS 47.32
- (b) A certificate of need is required as a prerequisite for the licensing of a residential facility
established after July 1, 1978, and not otherwise provided for in AS 18.07.031 - 18.07.111. A certificate shall be issued and
regulated in the same manner as provided in AS 18.07.031 - 18.07.111 for certificates of need for health care
facilities. This subsection does not apply to an assisted living home licensed under AS 47.32.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.