- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 32. Centralized Licensing and Related Administrative Procedures
- Section 150. Hearings.
previous: Section 140
. Enforcement Actions.
next: Section 160
AS 47.32.150. Hearings.
- (a) Upon receipt of a timely request for a hearing by an entity regarding an enforcement action under AS 47.32.130 (a) or 47.32.140(d)(3), (5), (6), (7), or (9), the department shall request the
chief administrative law judge appointed under AS 44.64.020 to appoint an administrative law judge employed or retained by the
office of administrative hearings to preside over a hearing conducted under this section. AS 44.62.330 - 44.62.630 and AS 44.64.060 apply to the hearing.
- (b) Upon receipt of a timely request for a hearing by an entity regarding an enforcement action under AS 47.32.070 or 47.32.140(d)(1), (2), (4), (8), (10), (11), (12), or (13), the department
shall conduct a hearing in front of an officer appointed by the commissioner. A hearing under this subsection may be conducted on the
record, in an informal manner, and may not be conducted under AS 44.62 or AS 44.64. The appointed hearing officer may be a state employee.
- (c) The decision following a hearing conducted under (a) or (b) of this section constitutes a final agency
- (d) A hearing conducted under this section shall take place within 120 days after the department's receipt of
the request for hearing. A hearing may be held on an expedited basis upon a showing of good cause. An expedited hearing shall be held
within 60 days after the department's receipt of the request for a hearing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.