- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 32. Centralized Licensing and Related Administrative Procedures
- Section 10. Purpose and Applicability.
previous: Chapter 32
. Centralized Licensing and Related Administrative Procedures
next: Section 20
. Requirement to Obtain a License.
AS 47.32.010. Purpose and Applicability.
- (a) The purpose of this chapter is to establish centralized licensing and related administrative procedures for
the delivery of services in this state by the entities listed in (b) of this section. These procedures are intended to promote safe and
appropriate services by setting standards for licensure that will reduce predictable risk; improve quality of care; foster individual
and patient rights; and otherwise advance public health, safety, and welfare.
- (b) This chapter and regulations adopted under this chapter apply to the following entities:
- (1) ambulatory surgical centers;
- (2) assisted living homes;
- (3) child care facilities;
- (4) child placement agencies;
- (5) foster homes;
- (6) free-standing birth centers;
- (7) home health agencies;
- (8) hospices, or agencies providing hospice services or operating hospice programs;
- (9) hospitals;
- (10) intermediate care facilities for the mentally retarded;
- (11) maternity homes;
- (12) nursing facilities;
- (13) residential child care facilities;
- (14) residential psychiatric treatment centers;
- (15) rural health clinics;
- (16) runaway shelters.
- (c) The provisions of AS 47.05.300 - 47.05.390,
regarding criminal history, criminal history checks, criminal history use standards, and a centralized registry, apply to entities
listed in (b) of this section, as provided in AS 47.05.300 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.