(a) If, after investigation under AS 47.24.015, the department has reasonable cause to believe that a vulnerable adult is in need of protective services and is an incapacitated person, the department may petition the court under AS 13.26 for appointment of a guardian or temporary guardian, or for a change of guardian, for the vulnerable adult for the purpose of deciding whether to consent to the receipt of protective services for the vulnerable adult.
(b) If, after an investigation under AS 47.24.015, the department has reasonable cause to believe that a vulnerable adult is mentally ill and as a result either is likely to cause serious harm to self or others or is gravely disabled, the department may petition the court under AS 47.30.700 to initiate an involuntary commitment proceeding.
(c) If a vulnerable adult who has consented to receive protective services, or on whose behalf consent to receive protective services has been given, is prevented by any person from receiving those services, the department may petition the superior court for an injunction restraining the person from interfering with the provision of protective services to the vulnerable adult.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.24.010. Persons required to report; reports of harm. Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.011. Duties of the department regarding services and protection for vulnerable adults.
- Sec. 47.24.013. Reports of undue influence, abandonment, exploitation, abuse, neglect, or self-neglect of vulnerable adults in out-of-home care facilities. Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.015. Action on reports.
- Sec. 47.24.016. Surrogate decision makers for vulnerable adults.
- Sec. 47.24.017. Delivery of protective services for vulnerable adults.
- Secs. 47.24.020 , 47.24.030 Action; protective services. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.040. Monitoring.
- Sec. 47.24.050. Confidentiality of reports.
- Sec. 47.24.060. Authority of the department. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.070. Required review of proposed regulations.
- Secs. 47.24.075 — 47.24.110. Reports; definitions. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.120. Immunity from liability; retaliation prohibited.
- Sec. 47.24.130. Treatment through spiritual means.
- Sec. 47.24.900. Definitions.