In order to facilitate the provision of supportive and protective services for vulnerable adults, the department shall
(1) compile information on available supportive and protective services for vulnerable adults in the state;
(2) establish, publicize, and maintain a vulnerable adult centralized intake office;
(3) develop and coordinate a statewide system to serve vulnerable adults who are in need of protective services;
(4) establish criteria and procedures for the authorization and supervision of other state agencies or community-based service providers to serve as designees of the department under this chapter;
(5) in accordance with this chapter, designate other state agencies or community-based service providers to deliver supportive and protective services to vulnerable adults who are in need of protective services;
(6) develop within the vulnerable adult centralized intake office a central registry for reports of vulnerable adults in need of protective services;
(7) maintain confidentiality of records as provided for in AS 47.24.050; and
(8) adopt regulations to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.24.010. Persons required to report; reports of harm. Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.013. Reports of undue influence, abandonment, exploitation, abuse, neglect, or self-neglect of vulnerable adults in out-of-home care facilities. Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.015. Action on reports.
- Sec. 47.24.016. Surrogate decision makers for vulnerable adults.
- Sec. 47.24.017. Delivery of protective services for vulnerable adults.
- Sec. 47.24.019. Petitioning court for certain protective services.
- Secs. 47.24.020 , 47.24.030 Action; protective services. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.040. Monitoring.
- Sec. 47.24.050. Confidentiality of reports.
- Sec. 47.24.060. Authority of the department. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.070. Required review of proposed regulations.
- Secs. 47.24.075 — 47.24.110. Reports; definitions. [Repealed, § 14 ch 129 SLA 1994.] Repealed
- Sec. 47.24.120. Immunity from liability; retaliation prohibited.
- Sec. 47.24.130. Treatment through spiritual means.
- Sec. 47.24.900. Definitions.