- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 24. Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Section 11. Duties of the Department Regarding Services and Protection For Vulnerable Adults.
previous: Section 10
. Reports of Harm.
next: Section 13
. Reports of Abandonment, Exploitation, Abuse, Neglect, or Self-Neglect of Vulnerable Adults in Out-of-Home Care Facilities.
AS 47.24.011. Duties of the Department Regarding Services and Protection For Vulnerable Adults.
In order to facilitate the provision of supportive and protective services for vulnerable adults, the department shall
- (1) compile information on available supportive and protective services for vulnerable adults in the state;
- (2) establish, publicize, and maintain a central information and referral service for vulnerable adults;
- (3) develop and coordinate a statewide system to serve vulnerable adults who are in need of protective services;
- (4) establish criteria and procedures for the authorization and supervision of other state agencies or community-based
service providers to serve as designees of the department under this chapter;
- (5) in accordance with this chapter, designate other state agencies or community-based service providers to deliver
supportive and protective services to vulnerable adults who are in need of protective services;
- (6) develop within the central information and referral service for vulnerable adults a central registry for reports of
vulnerable adults in need of protective services;
- (7) maintain confidentiality of records as provided for in AS 47.24.050; and
- (8) adopt regulations to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.