- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 21. Adventure-Based Education
- Section 10. Establishment.
previous: Chapter 21
. Adventure-Based Education
next: Section 20
AS 47.21.010. Establishment.
- (a) The Department of Health and Social Services shall establish an adventure-based education program designed to bring
adventure-based education to appropriate juvenile offenders and others selected by referral agencies.
- (b) Adventure-based education is a short-term, intensive training program designed to remedy failure patterns and
encourage development of self-esteem, self-confidence, and social awareness in
- (1) certain delinquent juveniles in the custody of the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (2) certain juveniles identified by the schools, division of social services, the courts, youth workers, or other
community referral systems, as being able to benefit from adventure-based education.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.