- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 17. Child Protection
- Section 64. Photographs and X-Rays.
previous: Section 60
. Evidence Not Privileged.
next: Section 68
. Penalty For Failure to Report.
AS 47.17.064. Photographs and X-Rays.
- (a) The department or a practitioner of the healing arts may, without the permission of the parents, guardian, or
custodian, take the following actions with regard to a child who the department or practitioner has reasonable cause to
suspect has suffered physical harm as a result of child abuse or neglect:
- (1) take or have taken photographs of the areas of trauma visible on the child; and
- (2) if medically indicated, have a medical or radiological examination of the child performed by a person who is licensed
to administer the examination.
- (b) The department or a practitioner of the healing arts shall notify the parents, guardian, or custodian of a child as
soon as possible after taking action under (a) of this section with regard to the child.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.