- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 14. Juvenile Programs and Institutions
- Section 20. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 10
. General Powers of Department Over Juvenile Institutions.
next: Section 25
. Applicability; Inclusions of Certain Persons as Minors.
AS 47.14.020. Duties of Department.
The department shall
- (1) accept all minors committed to the custody of the department and all minors who are involved in a written agreement
under AS 47.14.100(c), and provide for the welfare,
control, care, custody, and placement of these minors in accordance with this chapter;
- (2) require and collect statistics on juvenile offenses and offenders in the state;
- (3) conduct studies and prepare findings and recommendations on the need, number, type, construction, maintenance, and
operating costs of juvenile homes, work camps, facilities, and the other institutions, and adopt and submit a plan for
construction of the homes, work camps, facilities, and institutions when needed, together with a plan for financing the
- (4) examine, where possible, all facilities, institutions, work camps, and places of juvenile detention in the state and
inquire into their methods and the management of juveniles in them.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.