- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 12. Delinquent Minors
- Section 50. Notice to and Involvement of Parent or Guardian.
previous: Section 40
. Investigation and Petition.
next: Section 60
. Informal Action to Adjust Matter.
AS 47.12.050. Notice to and Involvement of Parent or Guardian.
- (a) Except as may be otherwise specifically provided, in all cases under this chapter, the minor, each parent of the
minor, the foster parent of the minor, and the guardian of the minor are entitled to notice adequate to give actual
notice of the proceedings, taking into account education and language differences that are known or reasonably
ascertainable by the party giving the notice. The notice must contain all names by which the minor has been identified.
- (b) Notice shall be given in the manner appropriate under the Alaska Rules of Civil Procedure for the service of process
in a civil action under state law or in any manner the court by order directs. Proof of giving of the notice shall be
filed with the court before the petition is heard or other proceeding commenced.
- (c) The court may subpoena the parent or guardian of the minor, or any other person whose testimony may be necessary at
the hearing. A subpoena or other process may be served by a person authorized by law to make the service. If personal
service cannot be made, the court may direct that service of process be in the manner appropriate under the Alaska
Rules of Civil Procedure for the service of process in a civil action under state law or in any manner the court
- (d) In any proceeding under this chapter, the presence of the minor's parent or guardian is preferred.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.