- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 10. Children in Need of Aid
- Section 120. Support of Child.
previous: Section 115
. Permanent Fund Dividend.
next: Section 130
. Detention. [Repealed, Sec. 55 Ch 59 SLA 1996. For Current Law, See AS 47.12.240
AS 47.10.120. Support of Child.
- (a) When a child in need of aid is committed under this chapter, the court shall, after giving the parent a reasonable
opportunity to be heard, adjudge that the parent pay to the department in a manner that the court directs a sum to
cover in full or in part the maintenance and care of the child. The support obligation shall be calculated under Rule
90.3(i) of the Alaska Rules of Civil Procedure.
- (b) If a parent wilfully fails or refuses to pay the sum fixed, the parent may be proceeded against as provided by law in
cases of family desertion and nonsupport.
- (c) The sum collected from a parent under this section shall be directly credited to the general fund of the state.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 28 ch 90 SLA 1991].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.