- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 17. Supervision of Safety of Dams and Reservoirs
- Section 40. Approval Required.
previous: Section 30
. Regulations and Orders.
next: Section 50
AS 46.17.040. Approval Required.
- (a) Except in the performance of routine maintenance and operations not affecting structural safety, a person may not
construct, enlarge, repair, alter, remove, maintain, operate, or abandon a dam or reservoir without the approval of the
- (b) The owner of a dam or reservoir that was constructed before May 31, 1987 shall, under regulations adopted by the
department, file an application with the department for the approval of the dam or reservoir.
- (c) An applicant under this section shall comply with the requirements of other applicable statutes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.