- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 15. Water Use Act
- Section 50. Priority.
previous: Section 40
. Right to Appropriate.
next: Section 60
. Existing Rights.
AS 46.15.050. Priority.
- (a) Priority of appropriation gives prior right. Priority of appropriation does not include the right to prevent changes
in the condition of water occurrence, such as the increase or decrease of stream flow, or the lowering of a water
table, artesian pressure, or water level, by later appropriators, if the prior appropriator can reasonably acquire the
appropriator's water under the changed conditions.
- (b) Priority of appropriation made under this chapter dates from the filing of an application with the commissioner.
- (c) Priority of appropriation perfected before July 1, 1966, shall be determined as provided in AS 46.15.065
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.