- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 14. Air Quality Control
- Section 120. Permits For Construction, Installation, Modification, or Operation.
previous: Section 110
. Additional Contaminant Control Measures. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 74 SLA 1993].
next: Section 130
. Stationary Sources Requiring Permits.
AS 46.14.120. Permits For Construction, Installation, Modification, or Operation.
- (a) Before constructing, installing, modifying, or establishing a stationary source subject to AS 46.14.130
(a), the owner and operator shall obtain a construction permit under this chapter.
- (b) Except when considered to be in compliance with this chapter under AS 46.14.275
or under a regulation adopted under AS 46.14.140
(a)(12), the owner and operator shall obtain an operating permit under this chapter before operating a stationary
source subject to AS 46.14.130(b).
- (c) A permittee shall comply with the terms and conditions of a permit or a modifying compliance order issued by the
department under this chapter or a court order. A person operating under the application shield available under AS 46.14.140
(a)(12) and 46.14.275, shall comply with the terms and
conditions of the pending application and applicable regulations.
- (d) The department shall ensure that permits issued, modified, amended, renewed, or revoked and reissued under this
chapter comply with all applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- (e) If the federal administrator exempts a stationary source from the requirements of 42 U.S.C. 7661a(a) (Clean Air Act,
sec. 502(a)), the commissioner shall consider the factors used by the administrator in reaching that determination and,
by regulation, shall issue a similar determination unless public health or air quality effects provide a reasonable
basis to regulate the stationary source.
- (f) The department may exempt or defer a stationary source from the requirement of AS 46.14.130
(b) to the extent allowed under 40 C.F.R. 70.3(b).
- (g) Before constructing, installing, modifying, operating, or establishing a stationary source subject to AS 46.14.130
(c), the owner or operator shall obtain a minor permit under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.