- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 11. Conservation of Energy and Materials
- Section 40. Applicability of Thermal and Lighting Energy Standards to Residential Buildings.
previous: Section 30
. Energy Audits. [Repealed, Sec. 10 Ch 79 SLA 1983].
next: Section 50
. Financing of Energy Efficient Homes and Buildings.
AS 46.11.040. Applicability of Thermal and Lighting Energy Standards to Residential Buildings.
State financial assistance may not be approved or granted for the construction of or purchase of a loan for a
residential building if construction of the building began after December 31, 1991, unless
- (1) the building is in compliance with thermal and lighting energy standards;
- (2) the building is in compliance with the building code of a municipality and the standards for thermal and lighting
energy of the municipal building code meet or exceed the thermal and lighting energy standards;
- (3) the building
- (A) is constructed under an exception to the municipal building code granted because the exception will result in
increased energy efficiency; or
- (B) is located or is to be located in an area where thermal and lighting energy standards are not justified because of the
high cost of implementation of the standards, with specific consideration given to the availability of inexpensive home
heating energy sources, as determined under regulations adopted by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation; or
- (4) the applicant agrees, in writing, that the building will be brought into compliance with thermal and lighting energy
standards within one year of conveyance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.