- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 7. Village Safe Water Act
- Section 50. Operation of Facilities.
previous: Section 40
. Construction of Facilities.
next: Section 60
. Educational and Informational Program.
AS 46.07.050. Operation of Facilities.
- (a) It is the responsibility of the village governing body to maintain and operate the safe water and hygienic sewage
disposal facility, and upon completion of the facility the commissioner shall execute the necessary transfers of title
to vest complete ownership of the facility in the governing body. The commissioner may not construct a facility
without first receiving satisfactory assurances from the village governing body that it will, upon completion of a
facility, accept ownership and responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the facility.
- (b) Whenever the commissioner determines that the village governing body does not have sufficient financial resources to
operate and maintain the facility, the commissioner may make grants to the governing body in amounts which, when
combined with other financial assistance available to it, will enable the governing body to operate and maintain the
- (c) When necessary, the commissioner may require the creation of a nonprofit corporation in the village and shall contract
with this corporation in order to carry out the purpose of this chapter. The contract must provide that when an
unincorporated community, which for purposes of this chapter is under contract to the state, subsequently is
incorporated, then the contract terminates at the time of incorporation and the governing body of the newly
incorporated city assumes the powers and duties set out in this chapter for the governing bodies of other incorporated
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.