- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 6. Recycling and Reduction of Litter
- Section 90. Prohibited Beverage Containers; Packaging Requirements.
previous: Section 80
. Littering Prohibited.
next: Section 95
. Coding Required.
AS 46.06.090. Prohibited Beverage Containers; Packaging Requirements.
- (a) Beginning October 1, 1981, a person may not sell or offer to sell a nonglass beverage container that is designed and
constructed so that the container is opened by detaching a metal ring or tab. This section does not apply to a
beverage container that is opened by a detachable piece of tape, foil, or other soft material.
- (b) Beginning January 1, 1985, a person may not sell or offer to sell in this state beverage containers that are held
together by plastic rings or similar plastic devices unless the rings or devices are degradable and bear a
distinguishing mark furnished to the department by the manufacturer. The department may require test data that shows
that the plastic rings or plastic devices meet or exceed the department's standards of degradability.
- (c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a violation. Each sale or offer to sell is a separate offense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.