- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 4. Oil and Hazardous Substance Pollution Control
- Section 60. Inspections.
previous: Section 55
. Nontank Vessels and Railroad Tank Cars.
next: Section 65
. Compliance Verification For Nontank Vessels and For Trains and Related Facilities and Operations.
AS 46.04.060. Inspections.
- (a) In addition to other rights of access or inspection conferred upon the department by law or otherwise, the department
may at reasonable times and in a safe manner enter and inspect oil terminal facilities, pipelines, exploration and
production facilities, tank vessels, and oil barges in order to
- (1) ensure compliance with the provisions of this chapter; or
- (2) participate in an examination of the structural integrity and the operating and mechanical systems of those vessels,
barges, pipelines, and facilities by federal and state agencies with jurisdiction.
- (b) When the department determines that no federal or state agencies with jurisdiction are performing timely and adequate
inspections of an oil terminal facility, pipeline, exploration or production facility, tank vessel, or oil barge, it
may perform its own inspection of the structural integrity and operating and mechanical systems of a facility,
pipeline, tank vessel, or oil barge by using personnel with qualifications in the areas being inspected.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.