- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 390. Definitions.
previous: Section 380
. Offenses and Penalties.
next: Section 400
. Short Title.
AS 45.75.390. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "barrel," when used in connection with fermented liquor, means a unit of 31 gallons;
- (2) "commodity in package form" means a commodity put up or packaged in any manner in advance of sale in units suitable
for wholesale or retail sale, but does not include an auxiliary shipping container enclosing packages that individually
conform to the requirements of this chapter; an individual item or lot of a commodity not in package form, but on which
there is marked a selling price based on an established price per unit of weight or of measure, is a commodity in
- (3) "consumer package" or "package of consumer commodity" means a commodity in package form that is customarily produced
or distributed for sale through retail sales agencies or instrumentalities for consumption by individuals or use by
individuals for the purposes of personal care or in the performance of services ordinarily rendered in or about the
household or in connection with personal possessions;
- (4) "cord," when used in connection with wood intended for fuel purposes, means the amount of wood that is contained in a
space of 128 cubic feet when the wood is ranked and well stowed;
- (5) "director" means the state director of weights and measures and "deputy director" means the deputy state director of
weights and measures;
- (6) "inspector" means a state inspector of weights and measures;
- (7) "intrastate commerce" means commerce or trade that is begun, carried on, and completed wholly within the limits of the
- (8) "nonconsumer package" or "package of nonconsumer commodity" means a commodity in package form other than a consumer
package, and particularly a package designed solely for industrial or institutional use or for wholesale distribution
- (9) "sealer" means a sealer of weights and measures and "deputy sealer" means a deputy sealer of weights and measures of a
- (10) "sell" includes barter and exchange;
- (11) "ton" means a unit of 2,000 pounds avoirdupois weight;
- (12) "weight" in connection with a commodity means net weight; when a commodity is sold on the basis of weight, the net
weight of the commodity shall be used, and all contracts concerning the commodity shall be so construed;
- (13) "weight and measure" means every weight and measure, instrument and device for weighing and measuring, and every
appliance and accessory associated with an instrument and device.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.