- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 225. Advertising Packages For Sale.
previous: Section 220
. Misleading Packages.
next: Section 230
. Misrepresentation of Price.
AS 45.75.225. Advertising Packages For Sale.
- (a) When a commodity in package form is advertised in any manner and the retail price of the package is stated in the
advertisement, there shall be closely and conspicuously associated with the statement of price a declaration of the
basic quantity of contents of the package as is required by law or regulation to appear on the package.
- (b) When the law or regulation requires a dual declaration of net quantity to appear on the package, only the declaration
that is required to appear first and without parentheses on the package need appear in the advertisement.
- (c) There may not be included as part of the declaration required by this section such qualifying terms as "when packed,"
"minimum," "not less than," or other terms of similar import nor terms qualifying a unit or weight, measure, or count
such as "jumbo," "giant," "full," which tend to exaggerate the amount of commodity in the package.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.