- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 65. Handicrafts and Works of Art
- Section 40. Identification Seal and Identification Seal Agent Permits.
previous: Section 30
. Design of Identification Seals and Emblems.
next: Section 45
. Emblem and Emblem Agent Permits.
AS 45.65.040. Identification Seal and Identification Seal Agent Permits.
- (a) The identification seal authorized under AS 45.65.010
(a) may only be used after receiving a permit from the council or from an agent who possesses a current permit under
(b) of this section.
- (b) A resident of the state may apply to the council for a permit as agent to issue permits to use the identification
seals described under AS 45.65.030
(a) in the state. The council may examine or investigate an applicant to determine whether the applicant has sufficient
knowledge of handicrafts, customs, and populace of the area in which the applicant resides to identify authentic Native
handicraft, and may issue permits to qualified applicants. The permit may limit the authority of the agent to a certain
geographic area or to a particular type of handicraft.
- (c) The council shall establish forms and fees for the applications and permits to be used or issued under this section,
the period for which the permits are valid, and the procedures for renewing the permits.
- (d) Before issuing a permit for an article under this section, the council or the identification seal agent shall
determine that the article is eligible for the identification seal.
- (e) An identification seal agent may report alleged violations of AS 45.65.010 - 45.65.070 regarding identification seals to the council.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.