- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 63. Telephonic Solicitations
- Section 45. Required Representations; Prohibitions.
previous: Section 40
. Prohibited Representations.
next: Section 50
. Waiver Prohibited and Void.
AS 45.63.045. Required Representations; Prohibitions.
- (a) A telephone seller shall
- (1) within the first 15 seconds of a call and in a clear and conspicuous manner, disclose the registered seller's name and
telephone number, whom the registered seller represents, and that the call is a sales call; and
- (2) repeat the information at any time during the conversation if requested by a person at the number called.
- (b) A telephone seller must terminate the telephone solicitation and promptly disconnect the telephone line if the person
receiving the call objects to the solicitation or indicates that the person is not interested in the product or service
that is the subject of the solicitation.
- (c) A telephone seller who makes a telephonic solicitation may not cause a telephone to ring repeatedly or continuously
with the intent to annoy, abuse, or harass a person at the telephone number called or repeatedly engage a person in a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.