- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 55. Alaska Securities Act
- Section 950. Regulations, Forms, Orders, and Hearings.
previous: Section 940
. Judicial Review of Orders.
next: Section 960
. Administrative Procedure Act Applies.
AS 45.55.950. Regulations, Forms, Orders, and Hearings.
- (a) The administrator may make, adopt, amend, and rescind the regulations, forms, and orders that are necessary to carry
out this chapter, including regulations and forms governing registration statements, applications, and reports, and
defining terms, whether or not used in this chapter insofar as the definitions are not inconsistent with this chapter.
For the purpose of regulations and forms, the administrator may classify securities, persons, and matters within the
jurisdiction of the administrator, and prescribe different requirements for different classes.
- (b) A regulation, form, or order may not be made, adopted, amended, or rescinded unless the administrator finds that the
action is necessary or appropriate in the public interest or for the protection of investors and consistent with the
purposes fairly intended by the policy and provisions of this chapter. In adopting regulations and forms the
administrator may cooperate with the securities administrators of the other states and the Securities and Exchange
Commission with a view to effectuating the policy of this section to achieve maximum uniformity in the form and content
of registration statements, applications, and reports wherever practicable.
- (c) All financial statements shall be prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices. The
administrator may by regulation or order prescribe
- (1) the form and content of financial statements required under this chapter;
- (2) the circumstances under which consolidated financial statements shall be filed; and
- (3) whether any required financial statements shall be certified by independent or certified public accountants.
- (d) A provision of this chapter imposing liability does not apply to an act done or omitted in good faith in conformity
with a regulation, form, or order of the administrator, notwithstanding that the regulation, form, or order may be
later amended or rescinded or be determined by judicial or other authority to be invalid.
- (e) Every hearing in an administrative proceeding shall be public unless the administrative law judge, in the exercise of
discretion, grants a request joined in by all the respondents that the hearing be conducted privately.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.