- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 55. Alaska Securities Act
- Section 905. Administration of Chapter.
previous: Section 900
next: Section 910
. Investigations and Subpoenas; Confidentiality.
AS 45.55.905. Administration of Chapter.
- (a) The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development shall administer this chapter.
- (b) The administrator or an officer or employee of the administrator may not use for personal benefit information that is
filed with or obtained by the administrator and that is not made public. No provision of this chapter authorizes the
administrator or an officer or employee of the administrator to disclose the information except among themselves or
when necessary or appropriate in a proceeding or investigation under this chapter. No provision of this chapter either
creates or derogates from any privilege that exists at common law or otherwise when documentary or other evidence is
sought under a subpoena directed to the administrator or an officer or employee of the administrator.
- (c) The administrator shall regulate transactions between a viatical settlement provider or person acting as an agent of a
viatical settlement provider and a subsequent investor, while the authority of the director of the division of
insurance extends to the regulation of viatical settlement contracts under AS 21.89.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.