- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 55. Alaska Securities Act
- Section 90. Registration By Coordination.
previous: Section 80
. Registration By Notification.
next: Section 100
. Registration By Qualification.
AS 45.55.090. Registration By Coordination.
- (a) A security for which a registration statement has been filed under the Securities Act of 1933 or any security for
which filing has been made under Regulations A, E, and F pursuant to subsection (b) of sec. 3 of the Securities Act of
1933 in connection with the same offering may be registered by coordination.
- (b) A registration statement under this section must contain the following information and be accompanied by the following
documents in addition to the information specified in AS 45.55.110
(c) and the consent to service of process required by AS 45.55.980
- (1) one copy of the latest form of prospectus filed under 15 U.S.C. 77a - 77bbbb (Securities Act of 1933);
- (2) if the administrator requires, copies of the articles of incorporation and bylaws, or their substantial equivalent,
currently in effect; a copy of an agreement with or among underwriters; a copy of an indenture or other instrument
governing the issuance of the security to be registered; and a specimen or copy of the security;
- (3) if the administrator requests, any other information, or copies of any other documents, filed under 15 U.S.C. 77a -
77bbbb (Securities Act of 1933); and
- (4) an undertaking to forward all future amendments to the federal prospectus, other than an amendment which merely delays
the effective date of the registration statement, promptly and in any event not later than the first business day after
the day they are forwarded to or filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, whichever first
- (c) A registration statement under this section automatically becomes effective at the moment the federal registration
statement becomes effective if all the following conditions are satisfied:
- (1) no stop order is in effect and no proceeding is pending under AS 45.55.120;
- (2) the registration statement has been on file with the administrator for at least 10 days; and
- (3) a statement of the maximum and minimum proposed offering prices and the maximum underwriting discounts and commissions
has been on file for two full business days or a shorter period which the administrator permits and the offering is
made within those limitations.
- (d) The registrant shall promptly notify the administrator by telephone or telegram of the date and time when the federal
registration statement became effective and the content of the price amendment, if any, and shall promptly file a
post-effective amendment containing the information and documents in the price amendment. "Price amendment" means the
final federal amendment which includes a statement of the offering price, underwriting and selling discounts or
commissions, amount of proceeds, conversion rates, call prices, and other matters dependent upon the offering price.
Upon failure to receive the required notification and post-effective amendment with respect to the price amendment, the
administrator may enter a stop order, without notice or hearing, retroactively denying effectiveness to the
registration statement or suspending its effectiveness until compliance with this subsection and subsection (c) of this
section if the administrator promptly notifies the registrant by telephone or telegram, and promptly confirms by letter
or telegram when the administrator notifies by telephone, of the issuance of the order. If the registrant proves
compliance with the requirements of this subsection and subsection (c) of this section as to notice and post-effective
amendment, the stop order is void as of the time of its entry. The administrator may by regulation or otherwise waive
either or both of the conditions specified in (c)(2) and (3) of this section. If the federal registration statement
becomes effective before all the conditions in this subsection and subsection (c) of this section are satisfied and
they are not waived, the registration statement automatically becomes effective as soon as all the conditions are
satisfied. If the registrant advises the administrator of the date when the federal registration statement is expected
to become effective, the administrator shall promptly advise the registrant by telephone or telegram at the
registrant's expense, whether all the conditions are satisfied and whether the administrator then contemplates the
institution of a proceeding under AS 45.55.120
; but this advice by the administrator does not preclude the institution of the proceeding at any time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.