- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 55. Alaska Securities Act
- Section 10. Sales and Purchases.
previous: Chapter 55
. Alaska Securities Act
next: Section 20
. Advisory Activities.
AS 45.55.010. Sales and Purchases.
- (a) A person may not, in connection with the offer, sale, or purchase of a security, directly or indirectly
- (1) employ a device, scheme, or artifice to defraud;
- (2) make an untrue statement of a material fact or omit to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements
made, in the light of the circumstances under which they are made, not misleading; or
- (3) engage in an act, practice, or course of business that operates or would operate as a fraud or deceit upon a person.
- (b) A person may not rely on an exemption from registration under AS 45.55.900 or on a security being a federal covered
security to avoid the application of (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.