- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 900. Reproduction and Sale of Sound Recordings Without Consent.
previous: Section 850
. Short Title.
next: Section 910
. Injunctive Relief For Misappropriation of Trade Secrets.
AS 45.50.900. Reproduction and Sale of Sound Recordings Without Consent.
- (a) A person who (1) reproduces for sale, sells, offers for sale, or knowingly advertises for sale any sound recording
that has been reproduced without the written consent of the owner or (2) advertises, offers for sale or resale, or
sells or resells a phonograph record, disc, wire, tape, film, or other article on which sounds are recorded, without
clearly and conspicuously disclosing on the outside cover, box, or jacket the actual name and full address of the
manufacturer and the name of the actual performer or group, is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, is
punishable by confiscation of the unlawful stock of the reproduced recording and by imprisonment for a period of not
more than one year, or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by both. In this subsection "owner" means the person who
owns the original fixation of sounds embodied in the master phonograph record, master disc, master tape, master film,
or other device used for reproducing sounds on phonograph records, discs, tapes, films, or other articles upon which
sound is recorded, and from which the transferred recorded sounds are directly derived.
- (b) The prohibition contained in (a) of this section is not applicable to the reproduction of a sound recording that
- (1) is used, or intended to be used, solely for broadcast by commercial or educational radio or television stations; or
- (2) constitutes the verbatim transcript, or other public record, of the proceedings of a judicial, legislative, or
administrative agency, department, or other public body for which a charge or fee may or may not be made or collected
for the reproduced recording.
Article 08. ALASKA UNIFORM TRADE SECRETS ACT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.