- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 479. Limitation On Electronic Mail.
previous: Section 477
. Use of Titles Relating to Industrial Hygiene.
next: Section 480
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 246 SLA 1970].
AS 45.50.479. Limitation On Electronic Mail.
- (a) A person may not send unsolicited commercial electronic mail to another person from a computer located in this state
or to an electronic mail address that the sender knows is held by a resident of this state if the commercial electronic
mail contains information that consists of explicit sexual material that another law provides may only be viewed,
purchased, rented, leased, or held by an individual who is 18 years of age or older, unless the subject line of the
advertisement contains "ADV:ADLT" as the first eight characters.
- (b) In (a) of this section,
- (1) "commercial electronic mail" means electronic mail consisting of advertising material for the lease, sale, rental,
gift, offer, or other disposition of real property, goods, or services, including an extension of credit;
- (2) "explicit sexual material" means material that visually or aurally depicts conduct described in AS 11.41.455
(a), but is not limited to conduct engaged in by a child under 18 years of age;
- (3) "unsolicited commercial electronic mail" means commercial electronic mail sent to a person who
- (A) does not have an existing personal or business relationship with the sender; and
- (B) has not given permission for or requested the sending of the commercial electronic mail.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.