- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 190
. Common-Law Rights. [Repealed, Sec. 29 Ch 132 SLA 1996].
next: Section 205
. Short Title.
AS 45.50.200. Definitions.
In AS 45.50.010
- (1) "applicant" means the person filing an application for registration of a mark, or a legal representative, successor,
or assign of that person;
- (2) "certification mark" means a mark used upon or in connection with the goods or services of one or more persons other
than the registrant to certify national or other origin, material, mode of manufacture, quality, accuracy, or other
characteristics of the goods or services or that the work or labor on the goods or services was performed by members of
a union or other organization;
- (3) "collective mark" means a trademark or service mark used by the members of a cooperative, an association, or other
collective group or organization and includes marks used to indicate membership in a union, an association, or other
- (4) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (5) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (6) "mark" means a certification mark, a collective mark, a service mark, or a trademark;
- (7) "registrant" means the person to whom the registration of a mark is issued, or a legal representative, successor, or
assign of that person;
- (8) "service mark" means a word, symbol, design, or a combination of one or more of these that identifies the services of
- (9) "trademark" means a word, symbol, or design, or a combination of one or more of these, used by a person to identify
its goods and distinguish them from those of another;
- (10) "use" or "used" means the bona fide use of a mark in the ordinary course of trade, and not made merely to reserve a
right in the mark; a mark is considered to be in use on goods when it is placed in any manner on the goods, on the
goods' container, on tags or labels affixed to the goods, on displays associated with the goods, or, if the nature of
the goods makes other types of placement impracticable, on documents associated with the goods or with the sale of the
goods when they are sold or transported in commerce in this state; a mark is considered to be in use on services when
it is displayed in the sale or advertising of services that are performed in this state;
- (11) "verified" means that a document has been certified to be true as provided in AS 09.63.040
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.