- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 125. Name Change and Other Filings.
previous: Section 120
next: Section 130
. Commissioner to Keep Record of Registration.
AS 45.50.125. Name Change and Other Filings.
- (a) The name of a registrant or applicant may be changed by filing the change of name with the commissioner on a form
furnished by the department that has been signed by the registrant or applicant and paying a filing fee of $25. The
commissioner shall issue in the changed name of a registrant an amended certificate of registration.
- (b) Other signed and verified instruments that relate to a registered mark or an application for registration of a mark
may be filed at the discretion of the commissioner upon payment of a filing fee established by regulation of the
- (c) A photocopy of an instrument shall be accepted by the commissioner for filing if it is certified by a party to the
instrument or a successor of a party to be a true and correct copy of the original and if the commissioner would have
accepted the original for filing under (a) or (b) of this section.
- (d) Acknowledgment is prima facie evidence for the commissioner of the execution of an assignment, change of name, or
other instrument related to a registered mark or to registration of a mark. When the instrument is filed by the
commissioner, the filing is prima facie evidence of execution of the instrument for all other purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.