- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 50. Competitive Practices, Regulation of Competition, and Consumer Protection
- Section 20. Application For Registration.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 25
. Procedure Concerning Application.
AS 45.50.020. Application For Registration.
Subject to limitations under AS 45.50.010
- 45.50.205, a person who uses a mark in the state
may file with the commissioner, on a form furnished by the department and in a manner complying with AS 45.50.010
- 45.50.205, an application for registration of that
mark setting out the following information:
- (1) the name and business address of the registrant and, if the registrant is a
- (A) corporation, the state of incorporation; or
- (B) partnership, the state in which the partnership is organized and the names of the general partners;
- (2) the goods or services on or in connection with which the mark is used, the manner in which the mark is used on or in
connection with the goods or services, and the class of the goods or services;
- (3) the date when the mark was first used anywhere and the date when it was first used in this state by the applicant or a
predecessor in interest;
- (4) a statement that the applicant is the owner of the mark, that the mark is in use, and that, to the knowledge of the
individual signing the application, no other person has the right to use the mark either in the identical form or in a
near resemblance to it as to be likely, when applied to the goods or services of another person, to cause confusion or
mistake, or to deceive; and
- (5) a statement as to whether the applicant, or a predecessor in interest, has filed an application to register the mark,
or portions or a composite of the mark, with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and, if so, information
regarding that application, including the filing date and serial number, the status of that application, whether that
application was refused registration or otherwise did not result in a registration, and, if so, the reasons that
application did not result in a registration.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.