- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 200. Prohibited Practices.
previous: Section 190
next: Section 210
. Disclosure of Regulation.
AS 45.45.200. Prohibited Practices.
- (a) A shop may not misrepresent, directly or by implication,
- (1) the cost of repairs authorized by the customer;
- (2) the terms or conditions of a warranty or service agreement;
- (3) that repairs are necessary;
- (4) that repairs have been made; or
- (5) that the motor vehicle is in a dangerous condition, or that the customer's continued use of the motor vehicle will be
hazardous to persons or harmful to the motor vehicle.
- (b) A shop may not collect or attempt to collect for
- (1) repairs not authorized either orally or in writing by the customer;
- (2) repairs which the shop knew or reasonably ought to have known to be unnecessary; or
- (3) repairs that have not been made.
- (c) A shop that is also a warrantor or a party to a service agreement may not refuse to repair a motor vehicle in
accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty or service agreement.
- (d) A shop may not fail to return a customer's motor vehicle because the customer has refused to pay for unauthorized
repairs, or because the customer has refused to pay repair charges in excess of the price authorized under AS 45.45.130
- 45.45.140, if the customer pays the authorized
price for the authorized repairs.
- (e) A shop may not alter a customer's motor vehicle with intent to create a condition requiring repairs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.