- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 508. Effectiveness of Financing Statement If New Debtor Becomes Bound By Security Agreement.
previous: Section 507
. Effect of Certain Events On Effectiveness of Financing Statement.
next: Section 509
. Persons Entitled to File a Record.
AS 45.29.508. Effectiveness of Financing Statement If New Debtor Becomes Bound By Security Agreement.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a filed financing statement naming an original debtor is effective to
perfect a security interest in collateral in which a new debtor has or acquires rights to the extent that the financing
statement would have been effective had the original debtor acquired rights in the collateral.
- (b) If the difference between the name of the original debtor and that of the new debtor causes a filed financing
statement that is effective under (a) of this section to be seriously misleading under AS 45.29.506, the financing statement is
- (1) effective to perfect a security interest in collateral acquired by the new debtor before, and within four months
after, the new debtor becomes bound under AS 45.29.203
- (2) not effective to perfect a security interest in collateral acquired by the new debtor more than four months after the
new debtor becomes bound under AS 45.29.203
(d) unless an initial financing statement providing the name of the new debtor is filed before the expiration of that
- (c) This section does not apply to collateral as to which a filed financing statement remains effective against the new
debtor under AS 45.29.507(a).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.