- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 315. Secured Party's Rights On Disposition of Collateral and in Proceeds.
previous: Section 314
. Perfection By Control.
next: Section 316
. Continued Perfection of Security Interest Following Change in Governing Law.
AS 45.29.315. Secured Party's Rights On Disposition of Collateral and in Proceeds.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter,
- (1) a security interest or agricultural lien continues in collateral notwithstanding sale, lease, license, exchange, or
other disposition of the security interest or agricultural lien unless the secured party authorized the disposition
free of the security interest or agricultural lien; and
- (2) a security interest attaches to any identifiable proceeds of collateral.
- (b) Proceeds that are commingled with other property are identifiable proceeds if the proceeds
- (1) are goods, to the extent provided by AS 45.29.336
- (2) are not goods, to the extent that the secured party identifies the proceeds by a method of tracing, including
application of equitable principles, that is permitted under law other than this chapter with respect to commingled
property of the type involved.
- (c) A security interest in proceeds is a perfected security interest if the security interest in the original collateral
- (d) A perfected security interest in proceeds becomes unperfected on the 21st day after the security interest attaches to
the proceeds unless
- (1) the following conditions are satisfied
- (A) a filed financing statement covers the original collateral;
- (B) the proceeds are collateral in which a security interest may be perfected by filing in the office in which the
financing statement has been filed; and
- (C) the proceeds are not acquired with cash proceeds;
- (2) the proceeds are identifiable cash proceeds; or
- (3) the security interest in the proceeds is perfected other than under (c) of this section when the security interest
attaches to the proceeds or within 20 days thereafter.
- (e) If a filed financing statement covers the original collateral, a security interest in proceeds that remains perfected
under (d)(1) of this section becomes unperfected at the later of
- (1) when the effectiveness of the filed financing statement lapses under AS 45.29.515
or is terminated under AS 45.29.513
- (2) the 21st day after the security interest attaches to the proceeds.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.