- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 209. Duties of Secured Party If Account Debtor Has Been Notified of Assignment.
previous: Section 208
. Additional Duties of Secured Party Having Control of Collateral.
next: Section 210
. Request For Accounting; Request Regarding List of Collateral or Statement of Account.
AS 45.29.209. Duties of Secured Party If Account Debtor Has Been Notified of Assignment.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (c) of this section, this section applies to a case in which
- (1) there is no outstanding secured obligation; and
- (2) the secured party is not committed to make advances, incur obligations, or otherwise give value.
- (b) Within 10 days after receiving an authenticated demand by the debtor, a secured party shall send to an account debtor
that has received notification of an assignment to the secured party as assignee under AS 45.29.406
(a) an authenticated record that releases the account debtor from further obligation to the secured party.
- (c) This section does not apply to an assignment constituting the sale of an account, chattel paper, or payment
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.