- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 630. Discharged Amounts in Motor Vehicle Leases.
previous: Section 620
. Service Contracts.
next: Section 900
. Conflict with Other Law.
AS 45.25.630. Discharged Amounts in Motor Vehicle Leases.
- (a) Notwithstanding another provision of law to the contrary, if the amount to be paid by a lessee under a motor
vehicle lease includes a discharged amount, the inclusion of the discharged amount in the amount to be paid under the lease is not a
loan of the discharged amount and is not subject to any law that regulates the disclosure of interest, the charging of interest, the
amount of interest rates, or the lending of money.
- (b) In this section, "discharged amount" means the amount, if any, that the lessor agrees to pay to discharge an
outstanding obligation of the lessee under an existing motor vehicle agreement, loan, installment sales contract, or lease.
Article 06. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.