- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 610. Sales Contracts.
previous: Section 600
. Title Transfer.
next: Section 620
. Service Contracts.
AS 45.25.610. Sales Contracts.
- (a) A motor vehicle sales contract must be in writing, signed by both the seller and buyer, and completed as to all
essential provisions before the signing of the contract by the buyer and before delivery of the vehicle to the buyer.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 9 ch 171 SLA 2004].
- (c) If a motor vehicle dealer arranges financing for a buyer, the motor vehicle dealer may deliver the motor vehicle to
the buyer before final approval by the financing entity if
- (1) the buyer and seller sign an agreement separate from the motor vehicle installment contract on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch
sheet of paper that clearly and conspicuously informs the buyer that final financing arrangements have not yet been
approved and that clearly sets out the amount that will be financed, the annual percentage rate of the finance charge,
the amount of the finance charge, the number and frequency of payments, and the amount of each payment;
- (2) the separate agreement clearly and conspicuously informs the buyer that accepting delivery of the vehicle before final
financing approval obligates the buyer to terms of the motor vehicle sales contract if the terms on the separate
agreement are identical to the terms finally approved by the financing entity; and
- (3) the separate agreement provides that the separate agreement, the motor vehicle sales contract, and any and all other
conditions of the purchase will be void if any of the terms contained in the separate agreement are changed by either
the motor vehicle dealer or the financing institution as a condition of sale or final financing approval.
- (d) If a buyer's final financing is not approved and, as a result, the transaction is not completed, the motor vehicle
dealer shall return the buyer's entire down payment, and the buyer's trade-in, if any, shall be returned to the buyer
in the same condition and with not more than 100 miles accumulated on the odometer from when the motor vehicle was
delivered to the motor vehicle dealer.
- (e) In this section, "sales contract" includes an installment sales contract, a short-term sales contract, and a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.