- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 25. Motor Vehicle Transactions
- Section 400. Prohibited Use of Advertising Terms.
previous: Section 320
. Time Limits on Claim Audits, Claim Denials, Claim Reductions, and Charge Backs.
next: Section 410
. Availability of Advertised Items.
AS 45.25.400. Prohibited Use of Advertising Terms.
- (a) A motor vehicle dealer may not use the term "invoice," "factory invoice," "dealer invoice," "dealer cost," "wholesale
price," or any other term of similar meaning in an advertisement for the sale of a motor vehicle.
- (b) A motor vehicle dealer may use the term "manufacturer's suggested retail price," "MSRP," or "list price" in an
advertisement for the sale of a motor vehicle, subject to the restriction on price comparisons in AS 45.25.450
and the following:
- (1) the advertised price must reference the final price listed by the manufacturer on the monroney sticker, including
accessories and options physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer, plus any
transportation charges, and minus all manufacturer discounts and savings;
- (2) the manufacturer's suggested retail price or the list price does not include charges added by the dealer or options
added to the vehicle by the dealer; and
- (3) whenever using the term "manufacturer's suggested retail price," "MSRP," or "list price," the dealer may not represent
that a buyer would save money by paying a price that is lower than the "manufacturer's suggested retail price," "MSRP,"
or "list price."
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.