- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 204. Effect of Issuer's Restriction On Transfer.
previous: Section 203
. Staleness as Notice of Defects or Defenses.
next: Section 205
. Effect of Unauthorized Signature On Security Certificate.
AS 45.08.204. Effect of Issuer's Restriction On Transfer.
A restriction on transfer of a security imposed by the issuer, even though otherwise lawful, is ineffective against a
person without knowledge of the restriction unless the security
- (1) is certificated and the restriction is noted conspicuously on the security certificate; or
- (2) is uncertificated and the registered owner has been notified of the restriction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.