- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 415. Obligation of Endorser.
previous: Section 414
. Obligation of Drawer.
next: Section 416
. Transfer Warranties.
AS 45.03.415. Obligation of Endorser.
- (a) Subject to (b) - (e) of this section and AS 45.03.419
(d), if an instrument is dishonored an endorser is obliged to pay the amount due on the instrument according to the
terms of the instrument at the time it was endorsed or, if the endorser endorsed an incomplete instrument, according to
its terms when completed to the extent stated in AS 45.03.115 and 45.03.407. The obligation of the endorser is owed to a
person entitled to enforce the instrument or to a subsequent endorser who paid the instrument under this section.
- (b) If an endorsement states that it is made "without recourse" or otherwise disclaims liability of the endorser, the
endorser is not liable under (a) of this section to pay the instrument.
- (c) If notice of dishonor of an instrument is required by AS 45.03.503
and notice of dishonor complying with that section is not given to an endorser, the liability of the endorser under
(a) of this section is discharged.
- (d) If a draft is accepted by a bank after an endorsement is made, the liability of the endorser under (a) of this section
- (e) If an endorser of a check is liable under (a) of this section and the check is not presented for payment or given to a
depositary bank for collection within 30 days after the date the endorsement was made, the liability of the endorser
under (a) of this section is discharged.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.