- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 409. Acceptance of Draft; Certified Check.
previous: Section 408
. Drawee Not Liable On Unaccepted Draft.
next: Section 410
. Acceptance Varying Draft.
AS 45.03.409. Acceptance of Draft; Certified Check.
- (a) "Acceptance" means the drawee's signed agreement to pay a draft as presented. Acceptance must be written on the draft
and may consist of the drawee's signature alone. Acceptance may be made at any time and becomes effective when
notification in accordance with instructions is given or the accepted draft is delivered for the purpose of giving
rights on the acceptance to any person.
- (b) A draft may be accepted although it has not been signed by the drawer, is otherwise incomplete, is overdue, or has
- (c) If a draft is payable at a fixed period after sight and the acceptor fails to date the acceptance, the holder may
complete the acceptance by supplying a date in good faith.
- (d) "Certified check" means a check accepted by the bank on which it is drawn. Acceptance may be made as stated in (a) of
this section or by a writing on the check that indicates that the check is certified. The drawee of a check does not
have an obligation to certify the check, and refusal to certify is not dishonor of the check.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.