- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 401. Signature.
previous: Section 312
. Lost, Destroyed, or Stolen Cashier's Check, Teller's Check, or Certified Check.
next: Section 402
. Signature By Representative.
AS 45.03.401. Signature.
- (a) A person is not liable on an instrument unless
- (1) the person signed the instrument; or
- (2) the person is represented by an agent or representative who signed the instrument and the signature is binding on the
represented person under AS 45.03.402
- (b) A signature may be made manually or by means of a device or machine, and by the use of any name, including a trade or
assumed name, or by a word, mark, or symbol executed or adopted by a person with present intention to authenticate a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.